While playing with Sitecore 9.1 Developer version in my system, i got the below error after modifying one small character( i just removed “;” ) in CORE db for Sitecore item.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag ‘uc:globalheader’.

Source Error:

Line 2: <sc:ajaxscriptmanager runat=”server”></sc:ajaxscriptmanager> Line 3: <sc:continuationmanager runat=”server”></sc:continuationmanager> Line 4: <uc:globalheader runat=”server” xmlns:uc=”http://www.sitecore.net/xhtml”></uc:globalheader> Line 5: <div class=”scFlexColumnContainer scHeight100″> Line 6: <div id=”RibbonPanel”>

Source File: /sitecore/shell/Applications/Security/RoleManager/RoleManager.aspx    Line: 

I just removed the “;” and save the item in Html Viewer section.

The below error is coming up after navigating to Role Manager page.

I did tried to revert back the changes what ever i did but still no luck. I looked at the file and found that the file size is reduced from actual size and some of the code is removed.

I have replaced with original item again and then it started working fine.

Lesson learnt here is : Don’t change any HTML in CORE db. You can change at file rather than in CORE db. Please take a backup of file before doing any changes.

At this time , i am not aware about this issue is related to Sitecore bug or not but wanted to capture here.

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sc910.sc\sitecore\shell\Applications\Security\RoleManager\RoleManager.aspx

Categories: sitecore

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *